Today’s Lent-practice word is JOY. Finally, an easier word! Snippets of joy from my day included:
- The extra-creamy smoothness of my morning smoothie
- Planting cyclamen on a February day
- The comfort of warm water flowing over my shoulders as I showered
- The anticipation of sharing a coffee conversation with a friend whom I hadn’t seen in weeks
- The over-the-top, from-the-toes joy of the coffee shop cashier as he delightedly took our drink orders; so glad that this shift was in a new Tully’s location away from the one he normally works, serving “grumpy” (his words, not mine!) Boeing workers
- The warmth of the light-lines being off-and-on painted across the right side of my face as the late-afternoon sun danced between passing trees as I drove (nearly the speed limit!) down Interstate 405
- The clink-clink of my cat’s collar tag as it clanked against his food bowl, as he happily ate after a few weeks of unexplained lack of appetite
- Amongst the bills and unwanted catalogs, receiving an actual card from someone I love in my mail today
- Daylight at 5:20 pm!
And being reminded of this lovely quote from Pierre Teilhard de Chardin:
“Joy is the infallible sign of the presence of God”
And you, friend? What brought joy to your soul today?